Government Polytechnic, Meham was established in 2009 with the aim to enhance employ ability of the youth by equipping them with latest technical skills for suitable employment through technical education. In 2009, diploma courses of Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering were introduced with the intake of 60 students in each trade.
The Institute is spread over an area of about 5 acres. The campus is laid out with teaching blocks, Canteen, Play Ground, Separate Common room for Girls and Boys.
The Institute has spacious and well ventilated class rooms, labs equipped with latest and modern machinery to impart practical knowledge to the students.
The Institute has well furnished library and it subscribes 03 magazines and 5 News Papers, 1000 Reference books to keep the students and teachers up – to – date in every field of knowledge.